Further information about the community hospitals and the health centre can be found by clicking on the links below:
Diagnostic tests, X-rays & scans
Who are we?
At our community hospitals in Bridgnorth, Ludlow and Whitchurch and our health centre in Oswestry, we offer a range of diagnostic tests as well as X-rays and scans to save patients having to travel to acute hospitals. Patients will be referred for the tests, X-rays or scans by their GP or consultant.
Details of what tests, X-rays and scans are available at the hospitals and health centre can be found below.
There are a number of diagnostic tests and scans that are performed at each major community hospital or health centre.
- Endoscopy, by appointment only
- Phelebotomy (blood-taking) service, by appointment only
- Ultra-sound scan examinations, by appointment only
- X-rays on patients referred by they GP or consultant, by appointment only, or through attending the Minor Injuries Unit
- The X-ray Department is open from 09:00 to 15:00 Monday to Friday taking referrals from GPs, Consultant led Outpatient Clinics and the Minor Injury Department.
- GP referrals are by appointment only. An appointment letter will be sent out following the x-ray department's receipt of the GP referral. Alternatively appointments can also be arranged over the telephone at a time to suit the patient. (Please allow two to three hours after seeing your GP before telephoning).
Oswestry Health Centre
- Audiology, by appointment only
- Diabetic Eye Screening, by appointment only
- Nerve Conduction Studies, by appointment only
- Ultra Sound Tests, by appointment only
- X-ray (available through MIU)
Whitchurch Community Hospital
- Audiology Service - This service is run by SaTH and is by appointment only
- Phlebotomy Service - This service is run by SaTH and is available Monday - Friday 09:20 - 00:00 by appointment only
- 24 hour Electrocardiogram (ECG) Test, 24 hour Blood Pressure (BP) Test, Glucose Tolerance Test by appointment only via GP arrangement or outpatient referral
- Visual Field Analysis and Eye Tests, by appointment only
- X-ray - The X-ray department is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 09:00 - 13:00, by appointment only or via the Minor Injuries Unit.
Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) and our "Local Offer"
What is the Local Offer?
The local offer provides information for children and young people with special educational needs (SEND) and their parents or carers in a single place. You can find out more about information about this on our SEND reforms and Local Offers page.
SEND/Local Offer information
Full SEND and Local Offer details are located elsewhere: