Skip to main content
Follow us

Coronavirus - Changes to our services

Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, some of our non-urgent services have been temporarily suspended and others are operating with reduced hours. Find out about service changes here.


We are a team of specialist nurses who provide assessment for continence problems, and we initiate conservative continence treatments where they are appropriate.

Share this:

Our services

We run clinics county-wide and see patients in their own home as appropriate.

Investigations include:

  • Assessment of Pelvic Floor tone
  • Bladder screening
  • Uroflowmetry (checking the flow of urine)

Our interpretation of these results guides the implementation of appropriate treatment pathways:

  • Bladder retraining
  • Clinical assessment in a clinic environment or home visits for the housebound
  • Fluid advice
  • General lifestyle advice
  • Initiating Intermittent self-catheterisation
  • Pelvic floor treatment programme
  • Training and education
  • Urinary and bowel voiding techniques

The people we see

  • Adults with bladder and or bowel problems

New patients

Referrals can be made by healthcare professionals to include:

  • GPs
  • Hospital staff
  • Nursing and residential homes
  • Social Services

Patients can also make self referrals - and should contact the service directly - using the contact details on the right.

What to bring with you

If you are attending a clinic you should bring the following completed paperwork as requested in your appointment confirmation letter:

  • Bladder Diary
  • Symptom Profile Form
  • IPPS Form (men only)

Frequently asked questions

Do I have to come to Telford for an appointment?

You can choose a clinic venue that is closest to you from across the county.

Why have I been referred?

You have been referred by your health professional because we need to conduct some investigations on your bladder or because you have some symptoms or problems relating to your bladder or bowel that we can help

Where are we?

The Continence Advisors are based at:

Shropshire Rehabilitation Centre
Lancaster Road
Tel: 01743 444062

Please note ALL referrals should be directed to Halesfield

Contact us

Contact us

All referrals, queries or enquiries should be directed to:

Halesfield 6
Tel:01952 580328

Contacts by location

  • Bridgnorth/South East Shropshire
    Jemma Brown
    Continence Teamleader/ Nurse Specialist
    Tel: 01743 444062
  • North West Shropshire and Shrewsbury & Atcham
    Fiona Glover
    Tel: 01743 444062
  • North East Shropshire
    Susan Southern
    Tel: 01743 444062
  • Telford and Wrekin
    Nicola Head
    Tel: 01743 444062
  • Telford and Wrekin
    Tel: 01743 444062
  • Ludlow/South West Shropshire
    Val Proctor
    Tel: 01743 444062

Who are we?

We are a team of specialist nurses who provide assessment for continence problems, and we initiate conservative continence treatments where they are appropriate

Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) and our "Local Offer"

What is the Local Offer?

The local offer provides information for children and young people with special educational needs (SEND) and their parents or carers in a single place. You can find out more about information about this on our SEND reforms and Local Offers page.

Service Description

Please see the Our services section above.

We support clinicians with advice on continence management, including children.

What do you provide to children and young people with an additional need and or disability 0-25yrs?

Advice and support to clinicians involved with children and their parents/ carers in relation to continence management.

We participate in training for children’s services regarding continence management.

Do we provide support for parents and carers?

Yes via telephone contact or in joint visit as required.

Who can use our service? Age? Disability?

Adults with and without disabilities from 18 years old for assessments and clinical intervention. With regards to advice on products this includes children of all ages and disabilities. The continence assessments are provided by children’s services.

How to access our service (inc. referral routes)

For Advice and support please contact: 01743 444062

Self-referral for Adults only aged 18 and above by phone or letter / GP or other Health professional usually a referral letter

Referrals are accepted from all Health Care Professionals. Please send your referral to:

When and where is our service available?

Advice and support is available most week days however due to clinics being conducted throughout the week we are unable to guarantee that your enquiry will be dealt with on the same day

How can families contact the service?

By contacting 01743 444062, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm

For external agencies: is the service free or charged?

External training etc is charged.

Is the service accredited? If so, by whom?

Care Quality Commission

How can families complain if they are not happy with the service?

All complaints are handled by our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) and Complaints teams.

Next review due: 1 September 2020