This part of the website is being designed specifically for GPs, Clinical Commissioning groups, care homes and other care professionals who need the service referral information or access to Trust policies and care leaflets.
- How does a GP refer in to this service?
GPs wishing to send their patients for a diagnostic test, should click the appropriate link on the right of this page to take them to their prefered location.
Types of patients regularly seen
The Trust provides a range of diagnostic services for patients from its hospitals and health centres - as well as individual teams providing specialist diagnostic tests as required.
Below is a list of the diagnostic tests we currently offer:
- Endoscopy, by appointment only
- Phlebotomy (blood-taking) service, by appointment only
- Ultra-sound scan examinations, by appointment only
- X-rays on patients referred by they GP or consultant, by appointment only, or through attending the Minor Injuries Unit
- We offer an X-ray service, by appointment only. Core opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9am - 3pm (with additional times to support some outpatient clinics). Walk-in access for patients with a GP referral for a chest X-ray: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 1pm - 2.30pm.
- Audiology, by appointment only
- Diabetic Eye Screening, by appointment only
- Nerve Conduction Studies, by appointment only
- Ultra Sound Tests, by appointment only
- X-ray will be available soon.
- Audiology Service - This service is run by SaTH and is by appointment only.
- Phlebotomy Service - This service is run by SaTH and is available Monday to Friday 9.20am to midnight by appointment only.
- 24 hour Electrocardiogram (ECG) Test, 24 hour Blood Pressure (BP) Test, Glucose Tolerance Test by appointment only via GP arrangement or outpatient referral.
- Visual Field Analysis and Eye Tests, by appointment only.
- X-ray - The X-ray department is open Monday to Wednesday and Friday 9am to 1pm, by appointment only or via the Minor Injuries Unit.