This section aims to provide General Practitioners (GPs) and members of Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) with some more detailed information about our services. The information below is updated regularly, but, if you need to find out more detailed information about a specific service or have a very specific question about the service or referral pathway, then please contact the service manager or the key clinician detailed opposite.
- How does a GP refer in to this service?
GPs wishing to send their patients for a diagnostic test, should click the appropriate link on the right of this page to take them to their prefered location.
You can also view the page that provides information for patients or carers by clicking the link below.
Types of patients regularly seen
The Trust provides a range of diagnostic services for patients from its hospitals and health centres - as well as individual teams providing specialist diagnostic tests as required.
Below is a list of the diagnostic tests we currently offer:
- Endoscopy, by appointment only
- Phlebotomy (blood-taking) service, by appointment only
- Ultra-sound scan examinations, by appointment only
- X-rays on patients referred by they GP or consultant, by appointment only, or through attending the Minor Injuries Unit
- We offer an X-ray service, by appointment only. Core opening hours are Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 15:00 (with additional times to support some outpatient clinics). Walk-in access for patients with a GP referral for a chest X-ray: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 13:00 - 14:30.
- Audiology, by appointment only
- Diabetic Eye Screening, by appointment only
- Nerve Conduction Studies, by appointment only
- Ultra Sound Tests, by appointment only
- X-ray will be available soon.
- Audiology Service - This service is run by SaTH and is by appointment only.
- Phlebotomy Service - This service is run by SaTH and is available Monday - Friday 09:20 - 00:00 by appointment only.
- 24 hour Electrocardiogram (ECG) Test, 24 hour Blood Pressure (BP) Test, Glucose Tolerance Test by appointment only via GP arrangement or outpatient referral.
- Visual Field Analysis and Eye Tests, by appointment only.
- X-ray - The X-ray department is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 09:00 - 13:00, by appointment only or via the Minor Injuries Unit.