Ludlow Community Hospital
This part of the website is being designed specifically for GPs, Clinical Commissioning groups, care homes and other care professionals who need the service referral information or access to Trust policies and care leaflets.
- How does a GP refer in to this service?
Ludlow GPs can refer directly to their own bed allocation within the community hospital by using the contact details on this page.
For all other referrals, GPs are asked to telephone the Care Co-ordination Centre on 01743 454903.
Types of patients regularly seen
The hospital provides care for patients who have been transferred from an acute hospital for:
- Out-patient services for children and adults
- Palliative care
- Recovery following an operation
The hospital provides a range of services to patients, including:
- Audiology (hearing services)
- Maternity (outreach from Royal Shrewsbury Hospital)
- Minor Injuries
- Monthly Intravenous Bisphosphanates (used to treat osteoporosis and similar bone diseases)
- Outpatient department (offering adult and child clinics)
- Renal dialysis
- Speech and language therapy
Patients not seen by this service
Ludlow Hospital does not provide acute hospital care, it also does not provide major accident and emergency care
Ludlow Hospital has a Minor Injury Unit (MIU), however this is not a 24-hour Minor Injuries Unit.
Contact the Service Manager
- Divisional Manager - Community Hospitals
William Farr House
Mytton Oak Road
Tel: 01743 277500 ext 2661