Our equality objectives
Under the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) of the Equality Act 2010, Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust has developed its equality objectives.
The purpose of setting specific, measurable equality objectives is to help us to meet the general equality duty, focusing on the outcomes to be achieved.
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust uses the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS) to help identity its equality objectives in partnership with staff, community groups and service users.
The Community Trust current equality objectives are:
- Raise the profile of equality, and promote diversity and being inclusive across the organisation.
- Improve our training and knowledge sharing on equality and diversity.
- Demonstrate Senior Leaders' interest in and commitment to equality and diversity.
- Further develop the workplace to feel safe and open for all staff.
- Embed equality and responsiveness into the quality improvement work of all our services.
- Develop more patient feedback and involvement around equality issues.