The Trust has an in-house professionally qualified advisor who, in partnership with South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (SSSFT), provides estates management support to Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust under a service level contract.
Under this contract, the Trust is provided with professional and technical advice by trained, qualified and experienced personnel, ensuring services provided are undertaken in accordance with statutory standards, NHS guidance and good practice.
Supporting the Trust’s Estates Advisor, SSSFT liaises with third parties to maintain an estate terrier and property portfolio, including information on both freehold and leasehold properties, which is regularly reviewed and maintained. Information is provided to support the Estates Advisor on the effective completion of NHS Executive returns (ERIC) on levels of property and services performance.
The Estates Advisor co-ordinates property surveys which are undertaken to establish condition, utilisation, functional suitability, energy performance, statutory standards and disability access compliance.
The Estates Advisor provides, and SSSFT delivers to, the following specification:
- Advice on national priorities and assist in developing strategies and action plans to achieve targets, including the development and ongoing review of estates strategies.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all activity relating to the estate, its property and engineering services.
- Acts for the Trust in negotiations involving estates matters, ie leases/lets, disposals/acquisitions, rating issues, planning and building regulations applications. To liaise with solicitors and other professionals in these negotiations as required.
- Provides advice on related statutory and health & safety issues.
- Ensures the patient environment is maintained to a suitable standard and is regularly assessed in accordance with the NHS Plan.
- Provides annual staff fire training within the resources available.
- Provides comprehensive advice on a full range of hotel services at an agreed schedule of properties.
This will include the following:
- Advice on the suitability and purchase of equipment in relation to hotel services.
- Implementation, management and monitoring of all hotel services to agreed properties.
- Identification and provision of funded or mandatory staff training.
- Auditing statutory compliance.
- Determination of best value, assisting and advising with implementation.
- Ensuring suitability and cost-effectiveness of service is met and maintained.
- Liaison with outside bodies and organisations.
- Representing the Trust at NHS Estates, Hefma and other related organisations.
A new estates strategy for Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust has been drafted and is in the process of being finalised.
Any details relating to the Environmental Information Regulations including any Environmental Enforcement action and associated information will be published on this website.