Children's Nursing Care at Home
This part of the website is being designed specifically for GPs, Clinical Commissioning groups, care homes and other care professionals who need the service referral information or access to Trust policies and care leaflets.
- How does a GP refer in to the service?
GPs who need to refer a patient in to the service, should contact the service directly, using the contact details on this page in the first instance.
Types of patients regularly seen
The Children's Community Nursing service provides nursing care to children aged 0 to 18 years who have an identified nursing need. We offer community visits to children, young people and their families across Shropshire.
The service co-ordinates and manages packages of care for children and young people with complex health/nursing needs to maximise their opportunities and reach their full potential by providing:
- Direct nursing care and treatment
- Monitoring and review of care and treatment plans
- Symptom management for life-limiting/life threatening conditions through to end-of-life care and support
- Training, advice and support to the family and/or carers to enable them to continue providing on-going care
- A resource for other professionals working with your child for information and advice on specialist/complex nursing care
The service operates Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm and provide care to four specific groups:
- Complex health needs
- Long-term conditions
- Palliative care
- Short term and acute care
Service contacts information
- Coral House
11 Longbow Close
Tel: 01743 450800 or 01743 450855
Email the team