Child Development Centres
This part of the website is being designed specifically for GPs, Clinical Commissioning groups, care homes and other care professionals who need the service referral information or access to Trust policies and care leaflets.
- How does a GP refer in to the service?
GPs should contact the service directly for information and advice on how to refer in to the service.
The contact details are on the right of this page.
Types of patients regularly seen
The Children's Development Centres normally see the following types of patients:
- Children aged 0-5 years
- Children with Disability or additional needs
- Children with developmental delay
- Children with physical disability
- Children with severe co ordination difficulties
- Children with autistic spectrum disorders Children with vision / hearing problems
- Children needing support with behaviour management in association with a developmental delay
The Child Development Service is an assessment service .The team are equipped to make a differential diagnosis and provide interventions to children with disability or additional needs under 5 years of age.
The team provide a short assessment for children who are thought to have difficulty within only one area of their development or who need a developmental check for medical reasons
The team provide a full assessment for children aged 2-5 years of age who may have developmental problems
Children are not usually offered a full assessment before 2 / 2.5 years of age.
The professionals involved are
- Nursery nurses
- Occupational therapists –health and social care
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Medical staff
- Educational psychologists
- Social workers
- Chartered child psychologist
- Administration support
Patients not seen by this service
The service does not see children who are over 5 years old.
Service contacts information
- Shropshire Child Development Centre
The Monkmoor Campus
Tel: 01743 730012
- Telford Child Development Centre
The Stepping Stones Centre
Tel: 01952 567300