Sleeping Disorders

Who are we?

Our services

The service offers assessment of patients presenting with possible Sleep Apnoea identified by the patient's General Practitioner or Consultant. We offer diagnostic tests in the form of sleep studies and review of these reports to determine the need for further intervention for a Sleep Apnoea disorder.

The service does not offer the provision of equipment to reduce snoring.

The people we see

The service sees patients who have been considered as possibly suffering from Sleep Apnoea. We only see adults aged 18 years and over.

New patients

New patients can be referred into the service by their General Practitioner or Consultant.

Services we do not offer

The service does not offer the provision of equipment to reduce snoring.

What you should bring with you

When patients attend the clinic they should bring along a detailed list of current medication.


Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) and our "Local Offer"

What is the Local Offer?

The local offer provides information for children and young people with special educational needs (SEND) and their parents or carers in a single place. You can find out more about information about this on our SEND reforms and Local Offers page.

Service Description

The Sleep Apnoea screening service is a Consultant led service that provides screening for Sleep Apnoea prior to any further investigation or intervention such as Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP.) Working along with the Consultant there is also a respiratory nurse and technical instructor.

Who can use our service? Age? Disability?

This service is only available for patients over the age of 18 (age restriction applies).

How to access our service (inc. referral routes)

New patients can be referred into the service by GPs via referral through Choose and Book.

When and where is our service available?

For a list of active clinic locations, please refer to the "Where are we?" section on this page (right-hand column).

How can families contact the service?

Please see the "Contact us" details on this page (right-hand column).

For external agencies: is the service free or charged?


Is the service accredited? If so, by whom?

Care Quality Commission

How can families complain if they are not happy with the service?

All complaints are handled by our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) and Complaints teams.


Follow us:

Share this: