Your mental wellbeing and happiness
Your mental wellbeing - some call call it happiness - is affected by what you do and the way you think.
The way you think about -and do- the small things everyday, can help you feel good about yourself, appreciate what matters to you and get the most out of life.
Five steps you can take to improve your mental wellbeing...
- with your family, friends, workmates and neighbours
- put time into meeting up
- join clubs and groups
- walk, run, cycle, garden, dance; exercise makes you feel good
- do something active you enjoy
- be curious, stop and notice what's around you, and enjoy the moment whatever you are doing; what can you see and hear?
- be aware of the world, the changing seasons and your feelings.
- learning new things can be fun and will give you a boost
- learn how to cook your favourite food, take on a new challenge or an old hobby; what would you like to be good at?
- be nice to people; smile, say thank you, volunteer your time
- talk to your neighbour or phone an old friend
- help raise money for charity
For more information on the 5 steps to wellbeing and tips to feel more positive visit NHS Choices