The service sees patients who have a respiratory condition who may be stable or acutely unwell with an exacerbation of their condition and are aged over 18.
We are a team of specialist nurses who provide a service to patients who have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) who support patients in their own homes and also support patients to be discharged from hospital as soon as possible.
The services we provide are:
- Admission Avoidance
- Clinic Reviews
- Nebuliser Assessments
- Oxygen Assessments
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Supported Discharge
Referrals can be made by:
- Healthcare professionals such as GPs, social workers or a hospital
- Relative of patients already known to the service
- Self-referral, by patients already known to the service
Services we do not offer
The service is not available to non-respiratory patients or under 18s.
What to bring with you
When attending a clinic appointment or having a domiciliary home visit you will be asked to bring along/provide the following:
- Medication or a list of them
- Nebulising compressors
Where are we?
Telford and Wrekin Referrals
- Single Point of Referral
Tel: 01952 607788
- Respiratory Resource Centre
Tel: 01743 251564
Out of hours
The out of hours service can be contacted by dialing 111.
- Telford Respiratory Team Leader or Specialist nurse
Tel: 01952 580368
- Shrewsbury Respiratory team leader or Specialist nurse
Tel: 01743 730034
Who are we?
We are a team of specialist nurses who provide a service to patients who have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) who support patients in their own homes and also support patients to be discharged from hospital as soon as possible
You may be seen in the community either in a clinic setting or in your home environment depending on your condition. The team consists of:
- Administration Staff
- Health Care Assistant/Technician
- Respiratory Nurse Specialists
- Respiratory Physiotherapist
We are a county wide service who offer domiciliary home visits if appropriate or clinic appointments in the following areas: