The Trust is often in the spotlight for having achieved a particular success or for a member of its staff having excelled in an area of health care or community work.
Some of the most recent examples of our successes include:
- The Trust’s school nurses won national recognition as the School Nursing Team of the Year 2014 in the prestigious Nursing Standard awards.The award especially recognised the team’s outstanding work in partnership with local schools to support children and young people with asthma.
The team also won a special commendation from Shropshire Council for their achievement.
- One of the Trust’s school nurses has recently received national recognition having presented a seminar session at the annual Journal of Family Health Care Live event, and another school nurse has contributed to the national Chief Nursing Officer Bulletin
- A Trust team, which has been running a Benign Prostate Symptom Assessment Clinic at Ludlow Hospital, has won the annual Steve Hugh Award for Quality in Primary Care
- Trust staff based at HMP YOI Stoke Heath received Commendation Awards for carrying out emergency first aid whilst on-duty
- One of the Trust’s specialist tissue viability nurses has gained national publicity on Channel 4’s Embarrassing Bodies TV programme after being contacted by the programme for her expert opinion in helping a patient (these are nurses that have specialist knowledge for the care of wounds and pressure ulcers)