Learning disability help
Do you have a learning disability, or know someone who does, and need help and support to access our services?
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust aims to work closely with people with Learning Disabilities, their families and carers to ensure that they are actively involved in the planning and decision making of care delivery.
We aim to ensure people with learning disabilities have access to the same community health services as everyone else.
Our aim is to ensure that the needs, choices and preferences of this group of our community are understood and that services are available to reflect individual choices.
We want people with learning disabilities to be valued equally, participate fully in their communities and be treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to on-going review of our pathways of care to improve the experience and care of people with learning disabilities. Our aim is to implement all appropriate measures to ensure all people with learning disabilities accessing our services have effective person-centred care, with reasonable individual adjustments delivered by staff with an enabling and positive attitude.
If you have any related comments, concerns or queries or would like to be involved in our patients and carer panels please contact the above.
For further information on services available to people with learning disabilities, please select the links on this page.
- British Institute for Learning Disabilities Website
- Carers Trust Website
- Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities Website
- Improving Health and Lives Website
- Mencap Website
- Shropshire Council Supporting Parents with Learning Disabilities and their children
- Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Community Directory
- Telford and Wrekin Council Learning Disabilities
Trust Learning Disability Lead
- Head of of Nursing and Quality
Tel: 01743 277500 ext 2247
- Continence Specialist Nurse/ Team Leader/ Safeguarding Lead for Telford and Wrekin
Tel: 01743 444062
- PALS Coordinator
William Farr House
Mytton Oak Road
Tel: 01743 277689
Freephone: 0800 032 1107
Email the team